- Jaguar Racing publish a new episode of the new ‘RE:CHARGE @ Home’ video podcast series
- In the latest episode, Panasonic Jaguar Racing engineers Josep Roca and Cristina Manas talk about the importance of the relationship with the driver and critical moments both on track and in the factory
- Watch and listen to episode five of the ‘RE:CHARGE @ Home’ on YouTube here: https://youtu.be/O-2bCCAdqhI
- Subscribe to the series now to listen to all episodes on Apple Podcasts https://bit.ly/RAHApple & Google Podcasts https://bit.ly/RAHGoogle
- Also subscribe to the series now to listen to all episodes on Spotify: https://bit.ly/RAHSpotify
This week’s episode explores the roles and challenges facing Mitch Evans’ race and performance engineers, their race weekend pressures and how the engineering continues while working from home.
Watch and listen to episode five of the ‘RE:CHARGE @ Home’ on YouTube here: https://youtu.be/O-2bCCAdqhI
Also listen and subscribe to the series on Spotify: https://bit.ly/RAHSpotify
A part of my role is communicating with the driver while they are out on track – whether that be during testing or at a race. An element we have to ensure is working well for testing is our relationship with and training of the driver. During testing we are exploring key areas of the Jaguar I-TYPE 4 and need to be able to relay and understand their feedback. With Mitch being a long-standing driver for Panasonic Jaguar Racing– we have worked together for many seasons at Jaguar - he has completed a lot of testing with new features and is able to understand it not only from the drivers point of view, but also the technical side.
Panasonic Jaguar Racing Race Engineer for Mitch Evans
A great skill to have in a racing driver is the ability to be able to differentiate between the priorities during a private test versus a race weekend. To be able to understand the importance of testing and provide the engineers with detailed feedback at a test is key. During the development process their role is significant in deciding what data or part to review first.
Panasonic Jaguar Racing Performance Engineer for Mitch Evans
The new series, hosted by Amanda Stretton and Vernon Kay, will be a regular, insightful series fans can look forward to with new guests in each episode across Formula E and the Jaguar I-PACE eTROPHY– the word’s first all-electric touring car series.